Monday, February 23, 2009

I bought a boomerang today!

So it's been a while since I have blogged...my apologies!

What have I been doing!? Well I went to my first official rugby game! Man - that sport is awesome! I'm a fan of high paced sports like hockey and lacrosse and this was like American football in fast forward. I liked it soo much! The team moving forward has six tries to get to the end zone and anytime a man gets tackled they get back up, kick the ball backwards, and play is on again! It goes so rapidly and since the players don't where pads of any sorts - the contact of man to man is such a cringing but awesome sound!

It's also "orientation week" which is basically like a week long party with orientation things thrown in. All the abroad/exchange students had orientation yesterday morning - we just got the basic overview of campus and such. The place I'm living - Campus East - has had events all day and night for us this whole week. There are six sections of Campus East that basically are split up depending on where you live. And we have been doing a lot of activities to bond those specific sections together. We've had themed parties everynight and Campus East basically invades a local pub and has a get together there. Last night was one of my roommates birthday where he turned 18 (the legal drinking age in australia!) so we took him out and celebrated. Tonight is the pub crawl where we'll bounce from four different pubs wearing our pub crawl t-shirts! It should be a lot of fun! I also have been reading travel books religiously and came across so many things I want to do so I'm anxious to get classes started to see where my big exams are and what are the best weekends to travel! So far, flight research shows that they aren't that bad of prices to fly right now so that's good. Can't wait to explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment