Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Random Things that I've noticed

1) Australia birds sound like dying cats. Their "crow" is this low growly call that sounds just like a cat in an alley

2) Vegemite is really not that bad. The first day I was here, I was bombarded with three australians and a packet of Vegemite. I put some on my grilled cheese and I actually really liked it - It's very salty, almost like soy sauce in a spread.

3) Spaghetti and Baked Beans are a common breakfast food - ooo different!

4) Bagels are few and far between, they don't really get the whole concept of a bagel - "it's just a like toast...so why is it different?"

5) The sun looks timid but is quite fierce. My face looks the shade of a tomato and is so sore just from a couple hours out in the sun.

6) Bell Peppers do not exist - they are called capsicums.

7) Colleges are "uni's" and dorms are "colleges"

8) So many australians have light eyes...the amount of blue eyes is ridiculous.

9) There is no Taco Bell here which I am fine with but I can't even imagine my Syracuse roommates surviving without it haha

10) Tipping does not occur here which is actually awesome when you go out to eat and you don't have to figure in how much everyone has to pay extra for a tip.

11) Franzia is called "Goon" here and they don't slap the bag they "scull"

12) Australian accents are pretty much my favorite thing...ever.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, franzia and slapping the bag is my favorite. hahahaa. i MISS YOU! But I am glad I can keep creeping on you via this blog and SKYPE DATE sooon!! <3 elise*

    ReplyDelete