Sunday, March 8, 2009

Time is Flying!

So I just noticed that I have not posted in almost a week - slap me in the face and call me Susan, I am so sorry! This weekend, I visited Sydney and a friend in Coogee beach in right outside the city but that is a whole big adventure that I need some serious sit down writing to describe so I might wait until tomorrow to fill you in on the details! I'll just tell you about some new happenings that are pretty boring but hey, I think they're fun.

So I got a new camera. I had one at the blue mountains trip but it decided to be a jerk and not function. So the lens got stuck out and wouldn't go back in and refused to take pictures so I aggressively shut it and it worked sporadically from there. The lens however was messed up in some other way, so the only time it would clearly focus was on a magnification of 3x or more - stupid. I figured since one of my orientation trips got canceled, I would just use the money to scope it out and buy one. Within minutes, I was able to find a camera with a sweet deal on an 8 mega pixel camera and without question I purchased it and have been playing with all the fun options! One of my roommates opened his eyes super wide so we could examine the red eye effect. There's also a feature where even if your hand is being very shaky or your for some reason bouncing up and down (aka pogo stick and taking a picture) the camera will straighten the shot out - wicked cool! It also has a feature that can magnify just one color on a picture and put everything else as black and white so that one object pops out beautifully - so moral of the story I'm completely in love with my new camera!

I started school last week which was interesting. I also discovered Syracuse is stupid and didn't tell me I didn't have enough credits until enrollment was over. So I got an email saying I needed to take another class to stay valid as a student at Syracuse. So my perfect little schedule of three classes was shattered and I had to go on a wild goose egg hunt to try and fit something together. It turns out the only class that could potentially transfer over to credits is an analysis of skill themes (target games, striking games and aquatics) which lucky for me conflicted with one of my tutorials. But with a little coaxing, I was able to get in so now I won't be deported. The only really terrible thing is that I now have a friday class - thank you Syracuse University. My dreams of having a three day weekend to travel are ruined and I am not a fan. The good part is, the class actually looks really fantastic so at least I'm giving my Friday's up for an awesome class.

I have discovered the coolest toy ever that for some reason the United States or just massachusetts or maybe just me didn't know existed. They are called "Kinder Surprises" and they are the sweetest thing since sliced bread. It is a chocolate egg with the outside being milk chocolate and the inside as white. You crack it open and it the shell and inside is another "yellow" plastic roundish can that is supposed to be the yoke but instead holds a prize inside! So far I have a collection with two musical creatures, a robot that shoots arrows from his hands and a plastic flower that when the button attached is pushed becomes a spinning top - unreal! Needless to say, my five year old mind thinks these are the coolest things ever and I will keep up the tradition to trying to get as many different toys as possible. Also to introduce them to the united states because let's be honest, if POGs were a big hit, these would have been even bigger that's how cool they are.

I have booked my flight to Cairns for when Becca and M0llie visit - yay!! So I am super excited to go up and explore the reef. I also called the woman at the hostel where were staying and she was an absolute peach, telling me all the newest tours we could do and giving me outlined directions to our room because we'll be landing kind of late. I can't wait for break to begin but I just started classes - whew, I've got to buckle down because I still feel like I'm here on such a vacation-y adventure instead of it being real life. But so far I really like all my classes and I'm quite excited for the upcoming week :)

1 comment:

  1. PS - It's "slap me silly and call me Susan."
    "ALRIGHT SUSAN"

    That's what it is. Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete